My Special Spot is a child-centered, quality, all-day preschool which is proud of its…
- Mission: To offer a home away from home, in cooperation with parents, where children enjoy positive experiences while building their own self-image, appreciating others and understanding the world around them.
- Philosophy: We believe that each child is a unique individual and has special needs and infinite potential. We feel that My Special Spot offers an incomparable situation where a child can have his/her individuality recognized and respected while reaping the benefits of a group experience. We focus on the total well- being of the child and work to develop his/her social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills. It is our goal to establish an environment where each child feels content, comfortable, safe, secure, loved and special.
- Facilities: Bright, cheerful, spacious, sanitary, child-friendly. Safety and security are a priority.
- Environment: Separate indoor areas and outdoor fenced playgrounds are provided with safe, specialized equipment to enhance play and learning.
- Staff: The center offers an outstanding team of professionals. Each person is experienced, creative, credentialed, and caring. Our staff has been well screened and well trained, including CPR, First Aid, and numerous continuing on and off site workshops.
- Parent/Staff Rapport: Parents and teachers exchange daily verbal and written communication. This shared focus is meaningful for everyone and helps assure smooth transitions and happy times. Parents are encouraged to participate in center activities and visit at any time.
- Program: Children learn from play as well as benefit from many teacher-planned and guided multi-sensory activities. These include science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) as well as music, art, cooking, literature, dance, computers, listening center, gym, dramatic play, cultural celebrations, circle time, sharing time, onsite “field trips” and many more.
- Enrichment: Special afternoon enrichment programs such as Dance, Yoga, Travelin’ Tumblers, and DJ & The Jam Cats, and more are included in your tuition.
- Meals: Two well balanced snacks a day are included along with milk with lunch. Lunch can be sent from home or ordered through our catering service, Simply Gourmet.
- Approach: Developmentally appropriate practices are observed. Small groups with better than State required student to teacher ratios allow for each child’s individual needs. Children are given praise and positive reinforcement and helped to develop a sense of respect for themselves and others.